Thursday, December 13, 2007

Vincent and other Stuff

"One may have a blazing hearth in one's soul, and yet no one ever comes to sit by it. Passersby see only a wisp of smoke rising from the chimney and continue on their way" - Vincent Van Gogh 1853 - 1890

I love this quote. I don't pretend to be an expert in Van Gogh's life and perhaps this quote had nothing to do with his life. There are only a few instances in life where we really get glimpses into others souls and I like to think that this is one of them for Vincent. He was so emotional and intense and I think so lonely. From this quote, I think that he was starving for affection and desperate to share his life with someone that could appreciate him.

As far as the "other stuff" I've just been working quite a bit on some random commissions and trying to keep up on my regular work as well. I thought that I would post a few more paintings that I've done recently or that I just wanted to make sure that I posted:
















1 comment:

Rochelle said...

YEAHHHHHHH. LOVE the cows and the barns and ALL of it! I wish I could buy some! Someday. I am going to brag that I know you and how talented you are on my blog.....hope you don't mind. ;)