Thursday, February 28, 2008

One Week Into It.....

So I'm officially approaching one full week as a professional full time artist. The time has gone soooo quick. I never thought that the day would come where I would be able to sleep past 5 am. (for the record, it is as good as people have told me it would be.) I can hardly believe how much work I have been able to produce as well. You wouldn't think that adding 10 - 12 hours would be that much really, but it feels like I produced an extra 2 paintings, and I still have a full day tomorrow. I've been so excited about the prospect of having time to explore parts of my art work that I've pushed to the backburner. In fact, today I found an old sketch book from my 2nd year in the art program at the U. It was pretty amazing to see the ideas that I had. I was willing to try a whole lot more in school and I can't wait to get back to some of those ideas.

Here is a little 14X18 that was done in December / January. It is a from an area outside of Oakley, Utah. It is one of my favorite areas. It is unfortunate for me that it is beginning to grow quickly and the areas that I've painted are disappearing equally as rapidly. I do just love that area.


2 comments:

The Fam said...

Jeff- Welcome to the dark side. j/k!
Joel has been on his own as a full time artist now for almost 2 years. It goes by so fast. It can get tough but it's so worth it. Jules says things are going great for you. Good luck!
Tamara

Rochelle said...

Have I mentioned that I love your cows? Well, the ones in your pictures at least. One of these days I am going to have enough money to buy some stuff from you. I think it should have cows in it. Have I mentioned that I love your cows...?