Saturday, February 16, 2008

Peoa!

I love Peoa. I have painted so many locations near this tiny town in Summit County. I love that it is still so rural and in some areas very delapidated. I grew up spending several weeks of the summer in this area and it still seems to speak to me. I found this picture of a painting that I did a few years ago of a field outside of Peoa. There are sometimes a few paintings that I regret selling. This is one of them for me. It really was a "growth" painting. I felt like all sorts of new things happened in this painting that hadn't happened beforehand. I painted it at a time when I was only painting square paintings, so the compostion needed to fit within the 30X30 parameter. It was always a fun challenge to work out. There are so many things that I love about this painting from the color to the texture. Anyway, I can't wait until the snow thaws just a bit so that I can get up there again.

No comments: